Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Big Band Bash on ITunes

I've been busy since the last blog post setting up my podcast at the Apple Itunes store. It is an interesting process and I've learned alot. I've been producing Big Band Bash for the last 7 years and have acquired about 210 shows. I have a web site hosted with fat Cow so I uploaded about 15 shows into a directory there. Then you have to have a graphic so I got one from the net and cropped it and added some text. Apple recommends that these be 300 x 300 in size.  The hardest part was the rss feed. This is the document that tells all about your podcasts. I found a template on the net and then changed it up to suit my podcast. Lastly you have to submit your rss feed url to apple. If it is all good then you'll get an email saying that they received your podcast and they are reviewing it.  Then it took about 3 days for Apple to say everything was good and to send me the address of the podcast in the Apple store. I don't know if anyone will listen but I'm having fun producing the podcasts and learning the Apple way of  Itunes podcasting.

Here is the link to the Big Band Bash podcast at the Itunes store: 
Big Band Bash podcast
Big Band Bash Podcast

No comments:

Post a Comment